If you are experiencing an irritating toothache or any sort of dental pain, we can help!
Our Caring Smiles Dental Team understands that when dental pain arises you want it eliminated and resolved as quickly as possible. That is why we offer timely appointments and reserve openings in our daily schedule for emergency dental visits. Both our long term patients and new patients can rest easy knowing relief and repair are within their reach at Caring Smiles Dental in the Beaverton/Tigard area in Progress Ridge.
When you call our emergency dental team and set an ASAP appointment, we will offer tips on how to minimize the tooth or gum pain until you come to our caring dental home.
Rest assured, we will alleviate your immediate pain and provide a long lasting solution for your oral health. Call us today 503-430-5096 and make your pain disappear!
Comfort During a Dental Emergency
It is common during a dental emergency to be nervous about getting treatment when you are in pain. We understand and have many accommodations to make the process easier and stress free.
We offer various sedation options which will aid in alleviating the discomfort and worry you may feel. Dr. Allred specializes in Sleep Dentistry and has treated thousands of patients with the utmost care. If you are considering a sedation option for a dental emergency, it is helpful if you have not eaten for at least 6 to 8 hours.
Meeting and eliminating your dental pain and anxiety is what Dr. Allred and Dr. Parker do best.
Common Causes of Dental Pain
- Dental infection
- Dental trauma
- Broken tooth
- Gum infection/Gum disease
- Filling falls out/Crown falls off
- Impacted wisdom tooth coming in
Pain from Dental Trauma
Trauma to a tooth due to accidental injury or a sporting event can be very painful and sometimes scary. It is important to call us immediately! We will advise you on how to handle the situation to prevent further damage to the tooth. Teeth that get knocked out should be be stored in saliva or milk and brought to the office, if possible. There is a chance that we will be able to place the tooth back in the mouth.
Tips for Fixing a Dental Emergency
- If a tooth gets knocked out, place it in a cup of milk or saliva and come to our office right away. Do not scrub it off!
- Rinsing multiple times with lukewarm saltwater can help alleviate some gum problems.
- Clove oil is a natural way to solve dental pain. Take a cotton swab and dab it into clove oil and apply to the tooth that is in affected. This can be repeated multiple times a day. If the clove oil is too strong, dilute with olive oil. Turmeric is a natural way to decrease inflammation. Take a vitamin supplement or add refined Turmeric to your smoothie or tea.
- Have you had a crown fall off? Put toothpaste in the crown, and use it as a temporary cement until you can come in and get the crown permanently recemented.
- Avoid aspirin type powders directly placed on the tooth or gum as it can be caustic to the tissue around the tooth/teeth.
- If you have had a tooth bumped or hit, it is natural for it to be sore. Until you come to the office for an exam, avoid chewing on the area. To promote healing and recovery, a soft diet is often prescribed for 2–3 weeks after such damage has occurred. If the tooth turns a dark color, there is a higher chance it is infected. An expert dentist will need to treat it right away. You are in good hands with our oral surgeon.
Dental infections can be caused by either an infected tooth or infected gum tissue. Dental infections should be treated right away to avoid more serious complications. At times, an antibiotic may need to be used to help the dental infection resolve.
Often an infected area of the tooth or gum will have the following symptoms:
- Bad Odor or Smell
- Fever or Chills
- Hot Around the Gum and/or Tooth
- Increased Pain
Treatment for Common Tooth Infections
Root Canal Therapy
When a tooth becomes infected, often times a root canal or extraction will need to be performed to eliminate the pain indefinitely and restore your smile once again.
A root canal involves taking the infected nerve out of the inside of the tooth, as well as safeguarding the tooth as a whole. We have special medications, techniques, and methods for making a root canal a gentle and manageable procedure.
Wisdom teeth are a common reason for dental pain and dental emergencies. We are experts in wisdom teeth extractions and will help to relieve your pain instantly and review the options available to take care of your teeth that sit in the back row.
When should Wisdom Teeth Come Out?
If there is not enough room for the wisdom tooth to surface comfortably and become a functional tooth, or there is not enough room for it to be properly cleaned, a painful problem will arise and a scheduled wisdom tooth extraction should be appointed. It is generally recommended that a person remove his or her wisdom teeth while younger in age. Waiting until you are older can present more complications and pain.
Sedation options are offered as well for this type of procedure. Choose from three different sedation options. Our prices are very affordable. Who knew getting your wisdom teeth pulled could feel like a dream?
Dr. Allred is the best in oral surgery and tooth extraction. Serving the Beaverton and Tigard areas with confidence and modern dental techniques is his specialty.